Having identified a knowledge gap in the holistic therapies industry, I founded Revive Holistic Marketing in 2009, and developed marketing workshops and networking events which are now accredited by several industry associations. My marketing strategies generated solid revenue from multiple sales channels including training, events, website design and hosting, SEO and SEM services, copywriting and consulting services.
Online Marketing Initiatives
- I wrote all content, sourced stock images and integrated social media feeds into this site.
- I did all of the SEO (including on-page optimisation, link building, blogger and forum outreach etc), with the objective of ensuring that at least one link to the site (or the site itself) appeared on Page 1 for keywords such as cpe workshops, marketing workshops, amt cpe workshop and aamt cpe workshop. This took about three months to achieve, with zero spend on SEO.
- The site was also e-commerce enabled in that it could take secure online bookings and payments for workshops – I use a tailored variation of QRes, a proprietary online booking system developed by my family’s business, Relaxas Electronic Publishing, to manage workshop bookings.
- Almost all bookings went through the site unattended and out of business hours – that is, workshop participants typically did not make any contact with me by phone before making their booking and payment online.
- Participants of my workshops also had access to a secure, Members Only section of the site which gave them access to marketing resources I created.
- I frequently used dedicated landing pages for specific marketing campaigns and promotions with specific Associations. This allowed me to accurately manage and measure both online and offline marketing activities.