I am a marketing and communications strategist with over 15 years international experience in the technology, media, tourism and wellness sectors.
I passionately support the organisations and customers I serve, developing innovative marketing strategies and compelling communications which generate measurable results.
With creativity and entrepreneurial flair, I identify opportunities for revenue generation and process improvement.
Read more about my qualifications, and specific experience in marketing strategy and execution, corporate communications, blogging and social media, writing and editing, photography and video and crystals, cards and all things mystical.
A Surplice of Spirit
Founder | Brisbane | January 2016 – Present
Returning to my passion for holistic therapies, A Surplice of Spirit combines my love of marketing, social media, photography and blogging with energy work and all things crystal! I’m now a reiki and crystal healing practitioner, and online retailer of crystals, jewellery and mystical gifts.
Endeavour College of Natural Health
Marketing Manager | Brisbane | August 2015 – June 2016
Endeavour College of Natural Health is the largest Natural Health college in the Southern Hemisphere with campuses in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney and Adelaide. It was acquired by Study Group in mid-2015. The College offers six Bachelor Health Sciences Degree programs.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Admissions, I was responsible for managing the delivery of the brands’ offline marketing initiatives including campaign development, advertising, public relations, events, ambassador relationships and external communications.
I left this full time role in February 2016 and continued contracting part time at Endeavour until the end of June 2016, as I started my business. I provided marketing support to a range of Endeavour’s retail services, including Wellspring Bookstore, Wellnation Clinics and Endeavour Short Courses.
- Developed campaigns to drive semester-focused and online enrolments across the Endeavour, College of Natural Beauty, ACPE brands.
- Developed campaigns to drive sales in Endeavour’s retail brands, including Wellnation Clinics and Wellspring Bookstore.
- Successfully oversaw the management and execution of two national Open Days (running across 6 campuses).
- Managed all bookings and creative for national advertising campaigns across radio, billboards and print, and coordinated with the digital team to keep messaging consistent.
- Oversaw the management of Endeavour’s participation at multiple industry trade shows and Career Expos.
- Worked with the brand’s high profile Ambassadors to maximise return on investment.
- Took over management of the ACPE brand as part of a restructure of Study Group’s Higher Education and VET marketing’s teams.
- Developed planning templates and internal processes for marketing activity across Endeavour’s various brands.
- Presented a webinar to Endeavour’s Alumni about Blogging.
Marketing Communications Manager | Brisbane | August 2013 – August 2015
TechnologyOne (ASX: TNE) is Australia’s largest publicly listed software company, with annual revenues of nearly $200 million and a market capitalisation of over $1.5 billion. The company develops enterprise software solutions for the local government, government, education, financial services, health and community services, utilities and infrastructure sectors, and serves over 1,000 enterprise customers globally.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, I led the marketing communications team, and was responsible for corporate communications, branding and design, customer communications, public relations, investor relations and internal communications. My team comprised communications specialists, designers and digital marketers, and the company’s PR agencies across Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
- Assisted in the design, delivery and rollout of a half-day messaging workshop which now forms part of Orientation Week.
- Assisted in the design, delivery and rollout of the company’s corporate and cloud computing messaging to sales teams across Australia.
- Identified and evaluated candidate PR agencies, and successfully onboarded a specialist Tech PR agency as part of the company’s public relations program revamp.
- Provided full communications and multimedia support for Evolve 2014, the company’s largest and most successful user conference, including development of branding, internal and external communications, website and app, videos and presentations, digital and physical signage, daily print and online newsletters, photography and 24×7 onsite support during the event.
- Part of the team which oversaw the redesign and relaunch of the corporate website in 2014, providing a new platform on which to build future marketing programs.
- Successfully bought inhouse, the development of all customer case studies; streamlined processes to better engage all stakeholders in this process.
- Successfully lead the Investor Relations function to meet all legal and regulatory commitments, including communications support for financial results, in-house production of Half Year and Annual reports, coordination of financial roadshows and AGMs.
- Overhauled the internal communications function, overseeing the re-launch of the corporate Intranet and related content strategy, the redevelopment of the “TechnologyOne TV”; decentralised content update processes, which removed single points of failure and resulted in more timely updates.
- Collaborated closely with TechOne’s Founder and Executive Chairman, Marketing Director and other key stakeholders to continually develop and refine corporate messaging.
- Implemented various cloud-based tools and template-focused workflows to improve the marcoms team’s efficiency and productivity, improve visibility of the project pipeline and expedite outcomes.
GlobalX Legal Solutions
Marketing Manager | Brisbane | February 2011 – August 2013
GlobalX Legal Solutions is a privately held, leading provider of critical business, property and consumer information and software solutions, with annual revenue of more than $60 million. It serves the legal, property and commercial sectors in Australia and the UK.
Reporting to the Founder and Managing Director, I was responsible for the entire marketing function. I lead two direct reports and indirectly managed three in-house designers. I collaborated closely with the Managing Director to manage the GlobalX brand, created and implemented demand creation plans and campaigns, managed our presence at numerous industry conferences and hosted events; and was responsible for the successful execution of all demand generation, marketing campaigns and customer communications.
- Successfully executed the national re-launch of the company’s flagship software solution, Open Practice.
- Successfully managed the re-writing, re-branding and re-development of numerous GlobalX community websites including, ppsrchex.com.au UrbisPro.com.au and openpractice.com.au.
- Developed the company’s content strategy including content templates and editorial calendars; hired an in-house journalist and began creating a series of targeted newsletters and other relevant content to inform and engage the company’s customers and prospects.
- Rolled out the new corporate branding, revamping the company’s branding, trade show signage and marketing collateral in preparation for the ten trade shows and national PPSR road show I successfully managed in 2011.
- Completely rewrote and managed the re-design of the corporate website, working closely with the in-house design team who built it.
Global Marketing Manager | Brisbane | April 2010 – January 2011
Shortcuts Software is the leading global standard in salon technology, working with over 14,000 clients worldwide. Shortcuts’ solutions are tailored to suit the needs of its clients – from large franchised chains through to single site businesses in the hair, beauty, spa, clinic, school and walk-in industries. Shortcuts technologies are currently used in 45 countries globally.
Reporting to the CEO, I was responsible for the global marketing function at Shortcuts Software. Leading marketing teams in Australia, the US and UK, as well as the Australian Alliances function, I determined the global marketing strategy and oversaw the implementation of global and local marketing plans.
- Successfully planned and executed Shortcuts’ participation in two of the largest hair and beauty industry tradeshows, Hair Expo 2010 and The Sydney International Spa & Beauty Expo.
- Successfully managed the industry and national marketing launches of mylocalsalon, Australia’s first online hair and beauty services directory. Read more about the details of the mylocalsalon launch.
- Gained valuable experience in SEO/SEM, social media strategy and community engagement through close liaison with, and management of, the agencies Shortcuts commissioned to manage the social media and PR launch of mylocalsalon.
- Oversaw the inhouse design and production of a 30-page glossy magazine, which was funded by approximately $10,000 worth of advertising.
Revive Holistic Marketing
Managing Director & Head Trainer | Brisbane | January 2009 – January 2011
On my return from living and working in London for four years, I started Revive Holistic Marketing, a niche marketing consultancy based in Brisbane, which aimed to help massage therapists and other alternative therapists to market their businesses.
- Designed, created, marketed and delivered industry-accredited marketing workshops for holistic therapists in Australia.
- Offered consulting services such as website design and hosting, SEO and SEM services, copywriting and photography.
- Created and managed The Therapy Exchange, an online networking community for holistic therapists, and ran monthly, industry-accredited networking events in Brisbane.
- Read more about the launch of Revive.
Martin College Brisbane Campus
Marketing/Business Facilitator | Brisbane | October 2008 – April 2009
Martin College is part of the Study Group Study Group is an acknowledged leader in education, specialising in career-building programs and providing world-class university access and English language programs, educating over 50,000 students from 120 countries each year.
- As a casual facilitator in Martin College’s commerce department, I lectured predominantly international students on a range of business and marketing subjects from the BSB07 Training Package.
- I was also contracted by the college to re-design the course material for several units of competency at Cert IV level.
Dow Jones & Company is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organisations via newspapers, web sites, apps, video, newsletters, magazines, proprietary databases, conferences, and radio. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, including The Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation. Other premier brands include Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
I held various roles in Dow Jones’ Factiva business unit, and worked in the company’s PR department during the period that Factiva was bought out from original joint venture partner Reuters, and News Corp bought out Dow Jones.
Media Consultant, UK and APAC | London, Brisbane | August 2007 – April 2010
Based in the Sales Specialisation team in Dow Jones’ Content Technology Solutions group, I lead media measurement projects for Fortune 1,000 clients in Europe and Asia.
- Using the Dow Jones Insight suite of media analytics tools, I directed large-scale client implementations and wrote executive reports that enabled clients to measure the effectiveness of their corporate communications initiatives in print and social media.
- I provided strategic pre- and post-sales advice to Dow Jones’ global clients and sales teams, working with customers such as DHL, E.ON, Honda, KPMG, Coca Cola, JB Richard Ellis, Panasonic, Novo Nordisk and South Africa Tourism.
- In June 2008, I relocated to Brisbane and worked in this role part-time until April 2010.
Public Relations Manager, UK, Europe & APAC | London | November 2004 – July 2007
Reporting to the Director, Global Public Relations, I was responsible for developing and implementing global PR campaigns that focused on strengthening the company’s position as a thought leader in targeted market segments, as well as in key business and trade media globally.
- Collaborating with our US head office, I managed our regional teams and agencies in the UK, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia, and supported other regional markets such as Russia, Japan and India, as needed.
- A newly created role in the PR team, it was also the first time Factiva had based a PR person outside of its US head office.
- Successfully planned and executed the global PR launch of Factiva Insight, one of the first reputation management and monitoring tools to incorporate social media monitoring as well as print and online.
- My PR initiatives saw Factiva’s UK, French and German media coverage double each year in 2005 and 2006. The quality of coverage also improved, with a higher percentage of thought-leadership pieces, including features and by-lined articles, successfully placed each year.
- Read more about my PR initiatives at Factiva.
- Collaborated with the Internal Communications team to ensure close with external and internal messaging.
Marketing Manager, Australia and New Zealand | Sydney | November 2002 – October 2004
Reporting to the Marketing Director based in Hong Kong, I was responsible at a local level for the extension of the Factiva brand, promoting Factiva’s solutions and supporting the sales process. As well as understanding Factiva’s local customers, competition and market opportunities, I was responsible for implementing global and regional marketing and PR campaigns, and creating and executing local campaigns.
- Responsible for developing, managing and evaluating all aspects of the regional marketing plan and marketing budget for Factiva in Australia and New Zealand, for the two-year period prior to the company overtaking rival Lexis Nexis as the market leader in online news and information services.
- Successfully managed Factiva Asia Pacific’s largest regional sponsorship – a key tradeshow which took place three months after I joined the company. I managed the construction of a custom booth, multiple speaking engagements and customer events. Factiva’s CEO, the global marketing and local sales teams considered the events and my management of the sponsorship to be a resounding success.
- Designed, managed and executed Factiva Forum 2003 and 2004, the largest and most successful client events in Factiva Sydney’s 4-year history, in terms of customer engagement and feedback.
- Spearheaded Factiva Index initiatives in Australia to drive PR coverage in national newspapers.
Professional Public Relations
Consultant, IT Team | Sydney | April 2002 – October 2002
Professional Public Relations (PPR) is a full service PR agency and part of the WPP Group.
Reporting to the IT Team’s Group Account Director, I was part of the team which serviced Oracle Australia and Toshiba Australia – two of the agency’s largest technology clients. I also worked on various smaller accounts.
Relaxas Electronic Publishing
Marketing Director | Gold Coast | March 2001 – March 2002
I’ve been a director of my family’s business since its inception in 1996. I joined the business full time in 2001 for a year, to position its online products for global commercialisation. The company developed and marketed a range of online applications including online accommodation, shopping and restaurant directories and an online reservations system.
Global Marketing Specialist | Sydney | October 1997 – March 2001
Integrated Research (ASX:IRI) is a leading global provider of proactive performance management software for critical IT infrastructure, payments and communications ecosystems. More than 1,000 organisations in over 60 countries—including some of the world’s largest banks, airlines and telecommunication companies, rely on IR Prognosis software to provide business-critical insights and ensure continuity-critical systems deliver high availability and performance for millions of their customers across the globe.
Reporting to the VP Corporate Marketing, I was responsible for global corporate marketing and PR within this Australian software development company, prior to and just after the company’s public listing in 2000. Integrated Research engaged me in contract marketing and copywriting work several times after I had left the company.